Dropbox has been my preferred software/application for transferring files between my computer and my Android device. If you haven’t checked it out, it’s a must have for anyone wanting to back up pictures and whatever else.
It looks like recently the Dropbox team has released an experimental beta v2.0.9 which includes a new automatic Camera Upload Feature. As a father I’m always taking pictures of my kids, and I personally like the idea of my pictures being backed up automatically. Google Plus also has a feature like this.
Here’s what you’ll find in the new Dropbox beta:
- The app can now automatically upload photos and videos in the background using Wi-Fi or your data plan.
- No more size limit. So upload to your hearts content.
- If there are network issues, the upload will resume when those issues are resolved.
- Some performance improvements and bug fixes.
- You’ll also get 500MB of free space on your first automatic photo upload.
Click or scan the QR code below to grab the beta release APK now.